Herald JournalHerald Journal, April 14, 2003

Electrical fire destroys trailer home in LP

By Ryan Gueningsman

Ongoing electrical problems led to a fire at Josh Shesta and Pamela Bajula's residence at the Parkview Partnership mobile home park in Lester Prairie Tuesday afternoon at 3:23 p.m, said Lester Prairie Fire Chief Jim Hoof.

About 10 members of the Lester Prairie Fire Department put out the blaze in a little more than an hour, he said.

"We had three trucks, and Winsted was called for mutual aid, but they were canceled right after they got here," he said. "The Ridgeview ambulance also stood by, but its services were not needed."

Although no one was injured, the couple lost their trailer, as well as all of their personal belongings.

"The trailer and its contents are a total loss," Hoof said. "All personal effects are damaged."

Eileen Carlson of the Red Cross offered assistance to the couple.

"It was nice to see the Red Cross there," Hoof said. "She got the couple some clothes, food, and was going to find them a place to stay."

Even though it was a fairly routine fire, Hoof said, trailer home fires are harder to knock down because there is little Sheetrock in the trailers, and that causes fire to spread faster.


Back to Current Stories Menu | Back to Archives List

Herald Journal
Stories | Columns | Obituaries | Classifieds
Guides | Sitemap | Search | Home Page