var sid = 454; var aid = 3;
Pausing a bit before I stuff something in my mouth
|By LYNDA JENSEN|
Our family is trying out organic food, and you’d be surprised at the discoveries we’re making.
I’m convinced that people don’t realize what kind of junk they put inside their mouths (including myself!).
Want a jolt?
Buy and eat organic food for one week. You’ll discover that your taste buds are set at a very high register when it comes to sugar, grease, and who-knows-what.
Even the milk tastes better, although the price tag might be a bit much for some.
I’ve often wondered why people appear to be so frail nowadays and why children are being diagnosed with cancer, strange diseases, and allergies.
It appears to me that our diet has a lot to do with it, although I must admit that I don’t have any kind of medical degree.
I also think the environment is being tampered with way too much. We must learn to be better stewards of the land. Even a dog knows enough not to “go” in its own kennel, right?
Get even: forget
Here are 20 words of wisdom that were passed on to me.
1. The best way to get even is to forget.
2. Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death . . .
3. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
4. Some folks wear their halos much too tight.
5. Some marriages are made in heaven, but they all have to be maintained on earth.
6. Unless you can create the WHOLE universe in five days, Then perhaps giving “advice” to God, isn’t such a good idea!
7. Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, and faith looks up.
8. Standing in the middle of the road is dangerous. You will get knocked down by the traffic from both ways.
9. Words are windows to the heart.
10. A skeptic is a person who when he sees the handwriting on the wall, claims it’s a forgery.
11. It isn’t difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.
12. A successful marriage isn’t finding the right person; it’s being the right person.
13. The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground.
14. Too many people offer God prayers with claw marks all over them.
15. The tongue must be heavy, indeed, because so few people can hold it.
16. To forgive is to set the prisoner free, and then discover the prisoner was you.
17. You have to wonder about humans, they think God is dead and Elvis is alive!
18. It’s all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.
19. You’ll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
20. If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.
You are richer today if you have laughed, given, or forgiven!