Herald JournalHerald Journal, Feb. 23, 2004

Fire damages NG house

By Ryan Gueningsman

New Germany Fire Department responded to a house fire at Charlie and Bobbi Blood's residence on Broadway Street last Monday evening.

The fire, which was ruled accidental by the state fire marshal, started in a bedroom of the Blood household, said New Germany Fire Chief Bruce Fillbrandt.

No one was injured in the blaze, although a family pet was lost, Fillbrandt said. Smoke and fire damage was done throughout the interior of the home.

The family has been staying with relatives in Watertown, and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

New Germany had 19 regular members and three reserve members of its department respond, and also called for mutual aid from the Mayer Fire Department, which sent 14 firefighters, Fillbrandt said. The two departments were on-scene for about three hours.


Back to Current Stories Menu | Back to Archives List

Herald Journal
Stories | Columns | Obituaries | Classifieds
Guides | Sitemap | Search | Home Page