Herald Journal, March 21, 2005
A crucifixion quiz
By Pastor Tom Rakow, Grace Bible Church, Silver Lake
How many details of Christ’s passion and resurrection do you remember? You may find some assumptions mixed with facts.
The Bible tells us (true or false):
1) When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, people spread their garments before Him.
2) The disciples sent to prepare the Passover meal were to meet a man carrying a pitcher of water.
3) The upper room was small.
4) Jesus identified the betrayer as the one who dipped sop (piece of bread) with Him.
5) After their last meal together, Jesus and His disciples sang a hymn.
6) Peter was the only one who said he wouldn’t deny Christ.
7) When Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, He knelt next to a rock.
8) When Pilate sent Jesus to Herod, Herod was in Jerusalem.
9) Roman soldiers placed a crown of thorns on Jesus’ head.
10) The soldiers spat on Jesus.