Sept. 25, 2006
Corn maze back with pyramid shape this year
By Lynda Jensen
A bit of Mexico is featured in the 2006 West Metro Corn Maze, located half a mile south of Watertown on Carver County Road 10.
The maze run every weekend from Saturday, Sept. 30 to Sunday, Oct. 29.
This year, the maze is more than 700,000 square feet and shaped like a Mayan pyramid. It is considered one of the world’s largest mazes, commented Rob Wilkening.
The maze will offer information about Mexico and its history, with a different theme each week:
• Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 30-Oct. 1, Christian music festival, featuring Dave Horn and Passerby.
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 7-8, country music festival.
Featuring High Horse and Country Dyno Dave (as seen at Mall of America).
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 14- 15, family festival, featuring Dyno Dave* and Four Shadow, who performed last year and has been seen on the NBC’s Today Show, The Minnesota State Fair and Valley Fair
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 21-22 “La Fiesta Del Maiz!” featuring Los Caporales and the Mexican Forkloric Dance Group
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 28-29, harvest festival, featuring Dyno Dave, Ten-Minute Tom Sawyer and karaoke contest
Daily activities include: Hay rides, the mystery hay loft, Petting Zoo, Teen Video Arcade, Kids Area, Inflatables, etc.
• Saturday, Sept. 30, medical safety day. Ridgeview Ambulance along with the LifeLink Helicopter will be on hand.
There will be a scare crow stuffing contest at 2 p.m.
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 7-8, armed forces weekend. All active military personal will receive half off their admission price with military identification. In addition, there will be helicopter rides available.
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 14-15, fire prevention week.
• Saturday, Oct. 28, motorcycle harvest ride. Bring your motorcycle along with a non-perishable food item donation to Second Harvest.
Check out more information about becoming a sponsor, vendor or volunteer by logging onto www.westmetrocornmaze.org.
Ticket available online or for more information, please call (952) 955-5040.
The Vern and Elaine Rosckes Farm is located 3255 County Road 10 N, Watertown, MN 55388.