Dec. 25 , 2006
New Germany changes council meeting schedule for 2007
By Ivan Raconteur
The New Germany City Council approved a new meeting schedule Tuesday that will move all council meetings to Tuesday nights in 2007.
For many years the council has alternated between Tuesday and Wednesday night meetings.
Beginning Jan. 2, the regular meeting schedule for council meetings will be 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday each month.
Odds and ends
In other business, the council:
• approved the final levy for 2007. The 148,386 total levy represents an increase of 6.7 percent compared to the 2006 final levy.
• approved the League of Minnesota Cities Insurance Trust agreement after updating the city’s property schedule.
Council Member Steve VanLith recommended the addition of civil defense sirens to the schedule, and Water and Sewer Superintendent Bob Roepke recommended correcting the address of the pump house, and increasing the estimated value based on improvements approved earlier this year as part of the new well and water tower projects.
• heard from Roepke that he attended a pre-construction meeting for the new water tower project. Work will begin in February or March, and is expected to be complete by the end of November 2007.
• heard from Mayor Pete Pederson that Grant Hustad, developer of the proposed Trophy Lakes Estates project, will attend the Wednesday, Jan. 10 planning commission meeting to give the city an update on the project and to answer questions. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m., and is open to the public.
• heard from City Clerk Joan Guthmiller that there is still a vacancy on the planning commission. Applications are available at city hall.
• thanked Council Member Paul Roepke for his years of service to the city. Roepke’s term expires at the end of the year, and he did not seek reelection.