All I want for Christmas is . . .
|By Aaron Schultz|
Tis the season for giving, and being with family and friends.
Of course, Christmas time is also a time for wish lists, presents, and overeating.
While sports, in the huge picture, is a pretty irrelevant part of life, it is my job.
I don’t expect to wake up Christmas morning and find all of this wrapped nicely under my tree, but it sure would be nice.
So, without further adieu, here I go with my top 10 sports Christmas wish list.
10) Currently, Jeff Dubay and Paul Allen host the PA & Dubay radio show on KFAN 1130 AM from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Fridays.
9) A Vikings’ playoff run, to the NFC championship game.
8) Minnesota Wild playoff tickets. They are going to make the playoffs, and I’d love to be there.
7) The Minnesota Timberwolves to finally find some luck and win the lottery for the NBA draft this spring.
6) For Vancouver defenseman Mattias Ohlund to get what he deserves.
5) I wish for Minnesota Gopher men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith to never, ever leave the program.
4) I really, really wish for Gopher football head coach Tim Brewster to be as good of a recruiter as we have all heard about.
3) This wish might be a little farfetched, but it’s a wish list, not a prediction list.
2) That Twins’ owner Carl Pohlad wouldn’t be so cheap. He is only one of the richest owners in sports, and yet he acts like he is living check-to-check.
1) Alright, my number one wish is kind of like two wishes, but since it pertains to the same team, I’ll bundle it all into one.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m not getting anything on my wish list this Christmas, but I’ve got a great family, great friends, great bosses (I know, but I need to kiss up once in a while), and my health.
I’ll take all of that over my top 10 wish list, but that doesn’t mean I sure wouldn’t be happy to get even one of my 10 wishes, as well.
Top 100 movie quotes
The top 100 movie quotes picked by ESPN continue, with quotes 85 through 81.
• 85: “It’s in the hole!” This is only one of the best quotes in movie history sport or otherwise.
The quote is from the movie “Caddyshack,” one of the best movies of all-time.
If I was putting a list together, this would have to be in my top 10 sports movie quotes.
• 84: “I didn’t ask him, ‘Can he beat you?’ I already know he can beat you. I asked him, ‘Will he?’ With Eddie, that’s two different things.”
I like the quote, which comes from the movie “The Hustler.” But, again, I haven’t seen this movie.
• 83: “I’ll tell you what. Why don’t we take all these bricks and build a shelter for the homeless, so maybe your mother will have a place to stay?”
Very good quote from a very good basketball movie, “White Men Can’t Jump.”
This movie, and yes, I have seen it, is filled with great quotes coming from the two stars, and is well deserving right about where it is at on this list.
• 82: “We’re gonna yank ‘em . . . tear ‘em . . . rrrip ‘em. We’re gonna take ‘em and roll ‘em around and rip ‘em up to pieces. And then we’re gonna slaughter ‘em!”
Alright, this quote comes from the movie “Grease.” Enough said, no place on this list.
• 81: “Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.” Very good quote from the movie “The Color of Money.”
The movie is about a pair of pool sharks, and is a pretty good movie in my opinion.
As for the quote, it isn’t bad, and probably deserves to be right about where it is on this list.