By Lynda Jensen
Filings remain sparse, but will remain open until 5 p.m. Tuesday (not Sept. 15) for city council and school board seats to be filled in the fall.
This means the last day to file for mayor, city council or any school board seat is 5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9.
The following seats are open:
• Cokato One has filed so far, and that is incumbent Bruce Johnson for mayor. Seats open include the mayorship served by Bruce Johnson, along with the council seats served by Carl Harju and Butch Amundsen.
• Dassel the mayor spot served by Ava Flachmeyer is up, along with two positions, Wayne Medcraft, and the seat served by Bob Lalone. Three incumbents in Dassel filed for their respective city council seats so far Wayne Medcraft and Bob Lalone for city council, and Ava Flachmeyer for mayor.
• Darwin the mayor position served by Orlan Cervin is up, and council seats served by Diane Porth and Patti Burdick. One person has filed so far in Darwin, that being Clinton Lindquist for council.
• Kingston the mayor position served by John Smith, and council seats served by Dale Steinborn and Jim Herda are up. One person has filed so far in Kingston, that being incumbent John Smith for mayor.
• DC School Board Four have filed so far for the three DC board seats open; Irene Bender, Jenny Lee, Mark Linder and Matt Cron. The seats open are those currently being served by Cary Linder, Brian Danielson, and Denise Ertl. All are four-year terms.