www.herald-journal.com
HL fire sends man to hospital

April 14, 2008

By Jennifer Gallus
Staff Writer

An accidental house fire at 708 Eighth Avenue in Howard Lake April 5 left the owner, Dale “Gup” Montgomery, with second and third degree burns, according to Howard Lake Police Chief Dan Lang.

Montgomery was taken via Howard Lake ambulance to Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia, then airlifted to the Hennepin County Medical Center, where he is listed in satisfactory condition as of press time.

The Howard Lake Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire.

The fire was ignited by a pellet corn stove in the entryway of the house, and the house and its contents were a total loss, according to Lang.

The fire was televised and aired on KARE11 news early Sunday morning.

A benefit fund has been set up in Montgomery’s name at Citizens State Bank at PO Box 68, Waverly, MN 55390. (763) 658-4417.

Do you know more about this subject, or have a comment? E-mail news@hjpub.com