The time has come to make plans to attend activities during the Red Rooster 50th anniversary weekend, Saturday, Sept. 5 through Monday, Sept. 7. The committee hopes that there is something for everyone to do and enjoy.
A bronze 25th anniversary medallion has been hidden. All ages are encouraged to search. Check elsewhere in this newspaper for clues and rules. Finder may bring medallion into Robert Wilde Studio and exchange it for a golden 50th anniversary medallion.
Saturday, Sept. 5
• 10 a.m. Multi-age, bike ride/roller blade event
Program at Dassel Area Historical Society
• 12:30 p.m. Bean bag toss tournament, Thirsty’s Tavern
• 1-3 p.m. Fine Arts Show at DAHS building
• 3 p.m. Parade, Willis Street, right on William Avenue, right on Fifth Street.
Following parade, pie social at Gethsemane Lutheran Church
• 5 p.m. Waterball fight
• 7 p.m. Ambassador coronation, DC PAC, admission charge
• 8 p.m. Street dance, Cowboys in Sneakers at 8:30 p.m., Atlantic Avenue.
Sunday, Sept. 6
• 10:30 a.m. Community worship at Evangelical Covenant Church, Mike Gerhardt speaking
Lunch available following; proceeds to fireworks fund
• 2 p.m. Minnesota Minn-E-Rods, Atlantic Avenue.
Fine Arts Show, DAHS building
• 3 p.m. Quilt show, Dassel Covenant Church
• 6 p.m. Brat feed, Spring Lake Park upper shelter, proceeds to fireworks fund
• 7 p.m. Community hymn sing, Church of Christ.
• 9:30 p.m. Fireworks, Spring Lake
Monday, Sept. 7
• 8:30 a.m. 5-mile race and a 1-mile non-competitive run/walk, ball park
• 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Quilt show at Cov. Church
• 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fine Arts Show at DAHS building
• 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Serving “secret recipe” barbecued chicken; $7 advance, $8 at gate
Car and antique tractor show
• 11 a.m. Rooster-crowing contest
• 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Clip Clop Trolley rides
• 12 and 2 p.m. Prairie Fiddlers perform in baseball grandstand area
• 1 p.m. Children’s (ages 4-11) pedal tractor pull
• 3 p.m. Winner of the car raffle will be announced
All day There will be a climbing rock wall, inflatables, concessions, exhibits, vendors, beer garden, and garage sales.
See posters for details to all activities.