Herald Journal - Enterprise Dispatch - Delano Herald Journal
Want to see the full newspaper including all the photos? Check out our online edition here:
Herald Journal | DC Enterprise-Dispatch | Delano Herald Journal
Township roundup – 12/19/11
Deec. 19, 2011
Share  

McLEOD, CARVER, WRIGHT COUNTIES, MN – Five area townships have updates this week:

Camden Twp. sign posts stolen
Sign posts were recently stolen in two locations in Camden Township, Clerk Roger Sauerbrey reported.

At the township’s December meeting, the board discussed ways to better keep gravel on roads, such as dust coating.

The township is also doing some traffic counts, Sauerbrey reported.

Bergen reorganization Jan. 3
The 2012 reorganizational meeting for Bergen Township will take place Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 7 p.m. at the Bergen Township Hall.

At its December meeting, the board approved the 2012 assessment agreement with McLeod County for $7,266, which is 692 parcels at $10.50 per parcel, reported Clerk Amy Meyer.

Middleville Twp. maintenance employee contract renewed
At the December Middleville Township meeting, the contract for maintenance employee Randy Klugow was renewed, with no changes from the 2011 contract. The gross pay rate for the position is $22.50 per hour.

Also, a two-year conditional use permit for the Crow River Veterinary Clinic was renewed, noted Clerk Joey Berg.

Winsted Twp. discusses Grass Lake Road maintenance
Winsted Township and the city of Winsted are discussing maintenance responsibility of a portion of Grass Lake Road that abuts land recently turned back to the township, noted Clerk Susan Goebel.

Also, the board heard from a resident who requested that the township enact a dog ordinance.

The next Winsted Township meeting will be Thursday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m. in the Vollmer Room.

Sign inventory for Woodland
An inventory of Woodland Township signs will take place in the next two months, Clerk Gloria Janikula noted.

The inventory is part of the process to replace signs to meet new standards. Federal funding will pay for 80 percent of the cost, and the township will pay the other 20 percent, Janikula noted.

News and Information. Advertising and Marketing.

Advertise in over
250+ MN newspapers