By Linda Scherer
WINSTED, MN There is something for everyone at the Winsted Women’s Expo, a fun, social shopping event with more than 70 vendors presenting a wide variety of products and services.
This year’s event is set for Saturday, April 14 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Blue Note Bar and Ballroom in Winsted.
Admission is free, but those attending are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for the McLeod County Emergency Food Shelf.
Drawings for door prizes will take place throughout the morning.
More than 400 people attended last year’s event, and the Winsted Women’s Expo committee members, Sarah Fasching, Julie Guggemos, Erin Kutz, and Jennifer Stratton, are hoping the 10th annual event will be just as successful.
There will be many new first-time vendors participating in this year’s expo.
Some of the vendors already registered include:
• photographer Cindy Jagodzinski, owner of CKJ Photography in Watertown;
• photographer Mike Laxen of Winsted;
• Clever Containers representative Nicole Keskey of Cokato will bring ideas on how to organize with fun, cool containers;
• Vault Denim representative Katie Stumpf of Montrose will offer discount designer jeans;
• Crow River Habitat for Humanity will be promoting its women’s work week; and
• Candy Philips will talk about her horses helping at-risk youth, as well as promoting riding lessons she offers at her Truhaven Ranch in Winsted.
Returning vendors include Party Decorators Bob Kegler and Tom Specken, who will once again show their expertise by decorating the Blue Note for the expo. Party Decorators also decorates for weddings and other venues at locations other than the Blue Note.
Winstock will return, and has donated two free Winstock weekend tickets to be given away as door prizes.
Other favorites returning include Mary Kay cosmetics, Daisy Blue Naturals skin care products, and Fifth Avenue Jewelry.
A number of non-profit organizations will be present as a service to the community, including the Winsted Public Library, Winsted Arts Council, McLeod County Advocate for Victims of Domestic Violence, Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon, and Alateen.
This year’s expo is presented by the Winsted Area Chamber of Commerce and is sponsored by Beyond Relaxation of Lester Prairie, and Winsted Gentle Dental Care.