The Alzheimer’s Association outlines 10 Signs of Alzheimer’s disease.
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems.
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work, or at leisure.
4. Confusion with time or place.
5. Trouble understanding visual images and special relationships.
6. New problems with words or speaking or writing.
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps.
8. Decreased or poor judgment.
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities.
10. Changes in mood and personality.
The onset of memory loss is often gradual and inconsistent; however, when the individual, likely your loved one, exhibits memory loss as described above, a residential memory care program can be the right choice. The structure, security and person-centered care of the memory care program at St. Mary’s Care Center can decrease anxiety and add quality to the life of the dementia patient, and ease the concern and strain on the family caregivers.
A wonderful addition which is part of the St. Mary’s campus is our Garden House. The Garden House is based on the small house concept, creating an environment of comfort and security while utilizing technology to promote independence. It is a place where health, independence, and choice come to life, an assisted living facility specially designed for those elders requiring memory care.
Whenever memory loss is suspected, consult with your physician. For more information about memory care or St. Mary’s Care Center, we invite you to get in touch with us by visiting us at www.stmaryscarecenter.org or by calling Anna Guentzel at (320) 485-3140 at St. Mary’s.
Now, since you have taken the time to read this article, if you are the first to answer correctly the following question you will win a special prize. (St. Mary’s employees and family members are not eligible)
This month’s question: How many short-term and long-term beds does St. Mary’s provide?
Be the first to email the correct answer to me at email@example.com, or call me at (320) 485-3139 and leave your answer, name, and phone number.