By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Newly-elected Board Member Merrilea Kyllo and re-elected board members Karla Heigl and Rollie Radtke took the oath of office during Wednesday’s Lester Prairie School Board meeting.
Board Member Bob Carlson was again elected board chair, and Karla Heigl was elected vice-chair.
Board Member Matt Klitzke was elected to the clerk position previously served by Heigl, and Radtke was re-elected as treasurer.
The board approved the meeting schedule for 2013. Meetings will take place the third Monday each month at 6:30 p.m. in the school media center, with the exception of the February meeting, which will take place Wednesday, Feb. 13 due to a conflict with SnoFest.
School board salaries for 2013 will remain at $40 for meetings of three hours or less; $90 for meetings of four to six hours; and $140 for meetings lasting more than six hours.
The chairperson receives an additional $15 per meeting chaired, the clerk receives an additional $30 per meeting, and the treasurer receives an additional $15 per meeting. Negotiations chairs receive $10 extra per meeting.
Odds and ends
In other business, the board:
• recognized former Board Member Joe Miller, who was not present. Carlson displayed a plaque that was purchased for Miller, and said Miller is the only person he knows who has served in every job from teacher to dean of students to superintendent to board member. Carlson described this as “an incredible accomplishment.”
• appointed Nancy Lachermeier as an election judge for the Wednesday, Jan. 16 special election.
• scheduled a special meeting 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22 in the media center to canvass results of the special election.
• approved a contract with Aaron Schultz as junior varsity baseball coach.
• set the mileage reimbursement rate at 46.5 cents per mile, which is 10 cents per mile less than the federal rate.