By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Lester Prairie School Board approved a 2014 levy of $780,713 during Monday’s meeting, which is a decrease of $32,972, or 4 percent, from the 2013 levy.
Prior to approval of the levy, the board conducted its annual truth in taxation hearing. No residents were present for the hearing.
The 2014 levy is greater than the 2012 levy of $647,345, but less than the 2011 levy of $818,611.
Odds and ends
In other business, the board:
• noted the elementary Christmas concert was a success, but discussed setting up the gym differently in the future to provide more seating.
• approved contracts for Jean Bodine, cook’s helper III (five days per week); Jessica Fiecke, kindergarten para; and Ross Scheevel, junior high girls basketball coach.
• approved the district’s annual report on student achievement. The report will be posted on the school website, www.lp.k12.mn.us.
• noted it expects to ratify the teacher contract in January.
• approved the date for the board’s annual reorganizational meeting, 6:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 6, 2014.