By Kristen Miller
It’s fair time in Meeker County as the 141st Meeker County Fair begins Thursday and goes through Sunday in Litchfield.
New this year will be wine for sale by Millner Heritage Vineyard and Winery from north of Kingston. The winery’s tent will be located next to the beer garden.
The carnival is also new this year with Cody Rides, a family-owned and operated carnival based in Minnesota. It opens Thursday at 4 p.m.; 1 p.m. Friday; and noon both Saturday and Sunday.
Thursday’s highlights include:
• Arts-in Performance in the bandshell at 3:30 p.m.;
• Sami Darre, comedy hypnotist, at 6 and 8 p.m. in the bandshell;
• Gig Noonan in the beer garden from 7 to 11 p.m.
Friday’s highlights include:
• music by the Joel Green Family in the bandshell from 1:45 to 3 p.m.;
• euchre tournament in the beer garden at 2 p.m.;
• Wally Pikal and Harvey Becker from 5 to 8 p.m. in the beer garden;
• demo derby at 7 p.m. in the grandstand;
• Mid-Minnesota Concert Band from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the bandshell (and again Saturday);
• truck and tractor pull at 7 p.m. in the grandstand;
• barn party featuring Greg Michaels Band from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Saturday is Kid’s Day at the fair and some highlights include:
• a pedal pull at 10:30 a.m.;
• puppet show at 11 a.m., 2 and 3:30 p.m. in the bandshell;
• clown entertainment in the bandshell from 1 to 4 p.m.;
• Share the Fun Showcase in the bandshell at 5 p.m.;
• magician Jerry Frasier in the bandshell at 6 and 8 p.m.;
• demo derby at 6 p.m. in the grandstand;
• barn party featuring Blurred Vision from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Sunday’s highlights include:
• Sherwin Linton Show in the bandshell from 1-2 p.m. and again at 7 p.m.;
• Ag Olympics in the grandstand at 1 p.m.;
• Talent show at 2 p.m. in the bandshell;
• bean bag tournament in the beer garden at 2:30 p.m.;
• trolley rides from 2:30 to 5 p.m.;
• 4-H Arts-in at 6 p.m.;
• Sherwin Linton Show from 7 to 8:30 p.m.