By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Lester Prairie School Board ratified the district’s master agreement with teachers during a special meeting Thursday morning.
The contract includes 1 percent increases plus steps in year one, and 0.75 percent increases plus steps in year two.
The total increased cost to the district as a result of the new contract will be approximately $75,000 in salaries, and about $15,000 in benefits over the two years of the contract, according to Superintendent Mike McNulty.
ECFE and pre-school pay follow the same pay increases as teachers.
Other changes in the contract include:
• pay for sixth class (secondary) and combo classes (elementary) increases to $875 per semester.
• step “x” was removed from the pay schedule.
• extra pay for teaching college courses will be $400.
• trapshooting coach and assistant coach were added to the extracurricular schedule at 2.75 percent and 1.25 percent, respectively.
• no steps were added to the schedule, but $500 was added to the step and lane for a teacher who has reached step 35 (the top step).