By Brianna Mathias
HOWARD LAKE, MN The agenda for Howard Lake’s June 21 city council meeting was fairly light, but among the items approved was the hiring of the 2016 election judges.
The following will serve as judges during the Tuesday, Nov. 8 election: Meghan Rathkamp, Nola Dickhausen, Barb Gueningsman, Kathy Hincher, Jean Schmidt, Wanda Werner, Tracy Drake, and Mary Doongoski.
Rathkamp has been chosen to be the head judge.
Odds and Ends
In other business, the council:
• heard and approved the city’s 2015 audit report, presented by Kari Steinbeisser of Conway, Deuth, and Schmiesing.
• approved the appointment of Michael Hoppe to the Howard Lake Parks and Planning Commission.
• confirmed the hire of part-time Administrative Assistant Nola Dickhausen.
• approved the renewal of Trouble’s liquor and Sunday on-sale liquor licenses.
• approved use of public property and street closure for a neighborhood block party.