LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Lester Prairie City Council approved plans and specifications for a proposed Second Avenue North storm sewer improvement project during Tuesday’s meeting, and authorized city engineer Jake Saulsbury to advertise for bids.
The project includes:
• pipe bursting of storm sewer lines from Hickory Street to the ditch east of Pine Street.
• construction/replacement of storm sewer structures from Elm Street to Pine Street.
• open trench installation of storm sewer lines from Elm Street to Fir Street.
• installation of three new hydrants and one new gate valve.
• street, driveway, and yard restoration.
The estimated total cost for the project is $325,000.
Bid opening is scheduled for April 5, and the council will consider awarding the project during its Tuesday, April 12 meeting.
Odds and ends
In other business, the council:
• heard a presentation on a tree inventory that was conducted to help the city prepare for the emerald ash borer.
• approved upgrades to the city maintenance shop at a cost not to exceed $21,000.
• denied two appeals related to inspections of rental properties.
• approved a wage matrix for part-time and seasonal city employees.