By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Lester Prairie School Board approved an advertising policy during Monday’s meeting.
The stated policy notes the name, facilities, staff, students, or any part of the school district shall not be used for advertising or promoting the interests of a commercial or non-profit agency or organization except as set forth in the policy.
The guidelines state school publications may accept and publish paid advertising with prior approval from the appropriate administrator.
The policy also states the school board may approve advertising in school district facilities or on school district property.
Donations that include advertisements must be approved by the school board.
Odds and ends
In other business, the board:
• approved a lane change request for Amy Smith from MA+10 to MA+20 on a vote of 5-1, with board members Marc Sebora, Mary Otto, Rebecca Heimerl, Meganne Stifter-Knoll, and Corbey Hentges in favor, and Board Member Steve Ziermann opposed.
• approved the following contracts: Adam Birkholz, asst. football coach; Derek Zebell, asst. football coach; Bill Neubarth, junior high football coach; Tyler Helland, additional football coach; Wes Kapping, junior high football coach; Tina Trudeau-Scherer, head volleyball coach; Kelly Elling, junior varsity volleyball coach; Cheryl Bayerl, football cheerleading coach; Julie Olson, fall play advisor; Kaitlin Larson, junior high volleyball coach, summer school teacher; Joe Scoblic, head football coach; Lori Bebo, supervisor of kitchen; Lori Schermann, Kid’s Depot/computer operator.
• approved contract with Rebecca Heimerl, eighth grade volleyball coach (Heimerl abstained).
• approved a contract with Mary Otto, C-squad volleyball coach (Otto abstained).
• approved the resignation of Tanya Minnick as ELL teacher.
• approved the resignation of Ross Scheevel as para-professional.
• approved a bid for garbage service from Waste Management ($183.36).
• approved a bid for bread from Pan-O-Gold (only quote received).
• approved a bid for milk from Kemps.
• approved a bid for propane from Glencoe Co-op.
• approved keeping lunch prices the same, currently $2.10 for elementary, and $2.55 for middle and high school.
• approved a football field maintenance agreement with Andy’s Lawn & Snow for striping and mowing at a cost of $275 for the first time, and $88 weekly ($3 increase for each compared to last year).
• approved a cooperative agreement with Holy Trinity for 2017-2022.