By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Lester Prairie School Board briefly discussed guidelines for operating protocol during last Monday’s meeting.
Superintendent Jeremy Schmidt said he created the document last year, and it is intended to ensure that administration and board members “are on the same page.”
Board Member Marc Sebora said he would like the policy added to the agenda for the next meeting, because there were some parts he wants to discuss before the board considers approval. He said some items may not meet the open meeting law.
Schmidt said he will provide the board a copy of the proposal before the next meeting.
Odds and ends
In other business, the board:
• accepted the resignation of elementary teacher Connie Murphy effective the end of this school year.
• approved Elizabeth Angermeyr as a special education paraprofessional.
• approved annual membership in the Minnesota State High School League, and approved Schmidt as the representative for Lester Prairie, and Board Member Steve Ziermann as the school board representative.
• approved soliciting bids for milk, bread, garbage service, and propane.
• heard from Schmidt that the district student count as of May 10 was 438, 32 more than the same time last year.
• heard from Principal Nat Boyer there are currently 22 kindergarten students registered for next year. He said he and Schmidt have reached out to numerous families to recruit students.
• heard there had been an issue with a fire alarm panel. The problem has been fixed, and a smoke detector was replaced.
• heard that a survey has been sent to staff regarding use of technology. Results will be presented at a future meeting.