By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE Terri Schuft-Helland presented information to the Lester Prairie School Board about the upcoming band trip to Chicago during the board meeting April 16.
The trip is scheduled Thursday, May 10 to Sunday, May 13. A total of 40 students and six adults will participate.
Students will participate in a master class at a local college during the trip.
The itinerary also includes a variety of entertainment and other stops, including the Museum of Science and Industry, a lake and river tour, a performance of Blue Man Group, a visit to the John G. Shedd Aquarium, a trolley tour, a visit to the Lincoln Park Zoo, and much more.
Rules for the trip are similar to those for the senior class trip.
Odds and ends
In other business, the board:
• heard from Board Member Mary Otto that a record number of tickets were sold for the Bulldog Bash this year and the event was a success.
• heard from Principal Nat Boyer there are currently 32 students registered for kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.
• heard from Board Member Meganne Stifter-Knoll that the Lester Prairie Parent Teacher Organization (LPPTO) carnival was a success, and the group donated $1,500 to the Future Problem Solvers group toward its trip to international competition.
• approved the resignation of Heather Will as a paraprofessional. Kelli Machemehl will help out as a substitute to fill part of the vacancy.
• approved a $3,500 quote from Wm. Mueller & Sons to pave additional required handicap parking spaces.