DASSEL, MN Some streets in Dassel will soon deliver a smoother ride, due to the city council’s action at a special meeting Wednesday evening.
City Clerk/Treasurer Terri Boese indicated council members had been hoping for a bid for the proposed street repair project prior to the council’s last regular meeting. The bid didn’t come in on time, so the council met Wednesday in an attempt to get the project fast-tracked.
Boese said the last two winters have been particularly difficult on Dassel’s streets, and on the city’s plow truck.
The council reviewed a bid from Mid-Minnesota Hot Mix for street intersections and/or manhole repairs, at or near:
• William Ave. and Willis St.;
• Horace Ave. and Willis St.;
• 801 Willis St.;
• 621 2nd St. N.;
• William Ave. and 3rd St. N.;
• Horace Ave. and 3rd St. N.;
• 821 3rd St. N.;
• 840 3rd St. N. south of the south entrance of the retirement home;
• 331 William Ave. E.;
• 440 William Ave. E.;
• 1st St. N. from William Ave. to Lake St.;
• Summit Cove;
• 211 Atlantic Ave.;
• 101 Highview Dr.;
• Simons Ave. and 3rd St. S.;
• 251 3rd St. S.;
• 301 Sellards Dr.;
• CJ Moe Blvd.;
• 1st St. from Hwy. 12 to William Ave.
Following review of the bid, the council approved Mid-Minnesota Hot Mix’s quote, up to $50,000, for street repairs in numerous location throughout the city before winter. The project will be funded by unallocated monies currently in city funds.