Too Much Zucchini?
Never, or so an article in Woman's Day suggests. These are some of the 20 ways to use up zucchini when you have been overwhelmed.
Chuck or dice zucchini, then . . .
· Layer in shallow baking dish with canned stewed tomatoes, diced mozzarella cheese and crushed herb-bread stuffing mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in 350° oven 20-25 minutes until hot. Serves 4.
· Mix 3 cups raw chunks, 3 cups tomato chunks, 1/2 cup sweet onion with vinaigrette to taste. Sprinkle with fresh basil and ground pepper.
Shred zucchini using a grater or food processor and then . . .
· Add 1 cup into brownie batter made from a 19-22 oz. mix.
· Add 1 cup per pound of ground meat in meat loaf or meatballs.
· Toss with your favorite coleslaw.
Slice zucchini crosswise, in rounds or lengthwise, then . . .
· Panfry 3 cups rounds, 1/2 cup onions and 12 ounces sliced kielbasa until squash is lightly browned. Serve with mashed potatoes.
· Brush long slices with Italian dressing and grill or broil.
Recipes: Back to Salads/Vegetables | Back to Main Menu
Howard Lake-Waverly Herald & Winsted-Lester Prairie Journal
Stories | Columns | Classifieds | Obituaries
Community Guides | Special Topics | Cool Stuff | Search | Home Page