Farm Horizons, May 2003
Upland Farm: A horse lovers' paradise
By Lynda Jensen
Upscale horse lovers don't need to look far if they are interested in building a house in a residential development that caters to equestrian living.
Upland Farm, the first of its kind in the state, is an upscale residential development that offers equestrian membership and shared facilities, located north of Highway 7 near St. Bonifacious.
It contains a state-of-the-art equestrian center and full-time professional stable manager, both of which are paid for by monthly homeowners' fees, said Jim Stuebner of Upland Farm.
Two lots have been sold, with a total of 13 home sites located in the development, he said.
homeowners share ownership of 171 acres of beautiful rolling hills, trails, and wood lots; encircled by white picket fencing, and located on the original Manor House, built in 1880, he said.
Homeowners are given two deeded stalls in the stable at the equestrian center, which is 25,000 square feet.
Lot prices include 1/13th ownership in a homeowner's association, which owns the equestrian center.
In addition to common grounds, homeowners own one boat access each at Six Mile Creek, leads to nearby Lake Minnetonka.
Potential homeowners should remember to bring their wallets the lots sell for $500,000, on average, not counting construction of a new house in the six-figure range.
A custom model home is on display at the development, for an asking price of $ 1.2 million.
The luxurious 5,500 square foot home offers a two-story walkout, as well as three-mile panoramic country views.
A sample of features of the model home include:
· four bathrooms and five bedrooms
· custom cabinetry throughout, kitchen, family room, bathrooms with custom vanities and drawer stacks, mud room, custom fireplace mantels, and three built-in bedroom desks.
· solid birch crown dentil moulding in the dining room, living room, powder room and study
· ceiling panel mouldings in the living room, dining room and master bedroom
· fogged smooth ceiling finishes
· front and back stairs with custom maple and birch
· two-story family room with custom stair parts window enhancing the country view
· Two-sided gas fireplace with brick veneer and custom mantle
· gas fireplace in the living room with marble surround and custom mantle
· two furnaces, two central air conditioning units, two humidifiers (8 zones)
· 9-foot poured foundation walls with "Watchdog" waterproofing system and interior and exterior drain-tile system
· 300-amp electric service with home run coaxial TV, home run Cat V phone wiring, security system, recessed lighting throughout
The enclosed indoor arena, located at the equestrian center, is also designed for upscale enjoyment, being insulated and energy efficient.
Horse stalls are designed as Bar "M." Stall walls are constructed of southern yellow pine.
There are wash stalls, as well as lounges and viewing rooms for relaxed viewing of riding activities.
Those interessted may see a virtual tour of the facilities online at www.uplandfarm.com.