HLWW School District 2687 Board Minutes
Monday November 7, 2005
HLWW High School Media Center
The School Board Work Session Meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 7:02 pm., on November 7, 2005. Roll was taken with the following members present: Weber, Schaible, Lideen, Hammer, Custer, Doering, and Borrell. Also present were Superintendent George Ladd and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley.
(Item IV) Custer motioned to approve the agenda; Weber seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V) There were no questions or comments from visitors.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Brent Mareck, Winsted City Administrator, gave a brief presentation on the JOBZ transfer of .15 acres. The board discussed the transfer.
Mayor Guggemos spoke on behalf of the City of Winsted reviewing why the City needed to have a JOBZ transfers. Lideen said we would put this onto the November 21st agenda for approval.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Ladd reviewed the process of presentations from SGN, approximate time frame of one and a half hours. The board agreed to use the format presented, and ask Ehlers and SGN to be aware that people may ask questions during their presentations.
(Item VI, Subd. C) Ladd reviewed other possible dates for the Building Bond Presentations. The board discussed upcoming dates for presentations.
(Item VII, Subd. A) Each board member gave a brief update on committees.
(Item VII, Subd. B) Ladd reported:
• PMA has a report to be reviewed by the budget committee.
• Today KDUZ was here and did some radio spots to be aired later this month.
• Note the next meeting dates at the end of the appendix
• There will be a daytime custodial opening at the Howard Lake site due to a retirement.
The Board agreed to review this position and look into a Buildings and Grounds Supervisory position to possibly replace it.
• The administration is looking at space and staff issues for next year.
• The Brochure is on target for this week.
• School Board Elections will be tomorrow November 8, 2005 from 7 am to 8 pm at the respective polling places.
• The board should consider moving to even year elections; we will provide more information for you to review
• The audit is presently on time for the November 21st meeting.
(Item VIII) next meeting dates
Negotiations Committee Meeting November 8, 2005 at 4:30 pm
Special Board Meeting to Canvass votes November 10, 2005 @5 pm-JL not able to come
School visit/tour @ Medford Schools November 19, 2005-call DO for reservations
Community Informational Meetings- November 15 @ 6:30pm Humphrey Elem Gym; November 17 @ 6:30 pm HL HS Auditorium;November 22 @ 6:30 pm Winsted Elem Gym
Regular board meeting- November 21, 2005 7 pm High School Media Center
Next Work Session Monday December 5, 2005 7 pm HS Media Center--???check with TNT meeting
(Item IX) items for regular meeting agenda
A. Approve Seniority List
B. Web site update
C. Remaining Winter Coaches
D. Committee Reports
F. Employment Recommendations and review of B&G Supervisor position
I. Resolution of JOBZ transfer
K. Space requirements
L. Sample treasurer’s report
M. Principal Wessman will give updates on middle school changes for second semester
N. Update on Breakfast program
Weber motioned to adjourn at 8:20 pm; Hammer seconded; motion carried.
Allen Doering, Clerk