SCHOOL BOARD WORK SESSION
Monday, August 3, 2009
HLWW Board Room
The August 3, 2009 School Board Work Session meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 6:02 by Chairman Schaible. After the pledge of allegiance, roll was taken with the following members present: Wiech, Doering, Heuer, Schaible, Weibel, Tintes and Weber. Also present were Superintendent Brad Sellner, and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley
(Item IV) Weber motioned to approve the agenda; Tintes seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V) There were no questions or comments from visitors.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Margaret Marketon, Community Education Director, reported on preschool revenue.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Doering reviewed the reduction item listing.
(Item VI, Subd. C) Wiech reviewed the changes to the brochure, and asked to have any other information given to them by the next board meeting.
(Item VI, Subd. D) Heuer reviewed the AIM Resource Consulting contract with Amy Carlson.
(Item VI, Subd. E) Superintendent Sellner reviewed the Ag curriculum.
(Item VII) Next Meeting Dates:
• Levy Committee Meeting - Monday August 3, 2009 5pm
• Policy Committee Meeting - Tuesday August 4, 2009 5pm
• Negotiations Committee Meeting -Thursday August 6, 2009 4:30
• Regular Board Meeting - Monday August 10, 2009 6pm Board Room
• Work Session Meeting - Monday August 24, 2009 6pm Board Room
(Item VIII) Items for regular board meeting
• AIM Resource consulting contract
• Fall Levy Election
• Employment Recommendation
• Fall Coaching Assignments
• Liability Study Results
• SMART Finance
Doering motioned to adjourn at 7:38 pm; Wiech seconded; passed unanimously
Charles Weber, Clerk
Published in the Herald Journal Aug. 24, 2009.