SCHOOL BOARD WORK SESSION MEETING
Thursday, October 1, 2009
HLWW Board Room
The October 1, 2009 School Board Work Session meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 5:33pm by Chairman Schaible. After the pledge of allegiance, roll was taken with the following members present: Schaible, Wiech, Weber, and Weibel; Heuer arrived at 5:45pm; absent: Doering, and Tintes. Also present were Superintendent Brad Sellner, and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley.
(Item IV) Wiech motioned to approve the agenda; Weibel seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V) There were no questions or comments from visitors.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Jolie Holland, school nurse, gave an update on H1N1.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Grace Baltich, chairperson of the Wright County Labor Council was present.
The board agreed to hold a community meeting about the levy, on October 29th at 6:30pm at the high school.
(Item VI, Subd. C) Heuer suggested how to present the levy questions to the public. Sellner reviewed how he has given a few presentations.
(Item VII) Next Meeting Dates:
• Regular Board Meeting-Monday, October 12, 209 6pm Board Room
• Work Session Meeting-Monday, October 26, 2009 6pm Board Room
(Item VIII) Items for Regular Meeting agenda:
• SMART Finance package information
• First reading of policies
• Second reading of policies
• Employment Recommendation
• Property and Liability Insurance
• Assurance of Compliance with State/Federal Law Prohibiting Discrimination
• Seniority list
• Lane Changes
• Winter Coaching Staff
• Systems accountability report
Weber motioned to adjourn at 7:10 pm; Weibel seconded; passed unanimously.
Charles Weber, clerk
Published in the Herald Journal Oct. 19, 2009.