Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, March 18th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Monday, March 18th, 2013, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present:
Gregg Machemehl, Karla Heigl, MerriLea Kyllo, Bob Carlson, Rawelin Radtke, and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty & Jeremy Schmidt. Guests present were Troy Feltmann (videographer), Kim DeBruyckere, Thayne Johnson and Ivan Raconteur from the Herald Journal Newspaper.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Rawelin Radtke, seconded by MerriLea Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as modified, to approve the minutes of the Special Board Meeting on 1/16/2013, to approve the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting on 2/13/2013 and to pay bills in the amount of $167,959.78. Student Activity fees were $1,947.10 & School Project for $58,340.72. Voting was 6 for and 0 against.
Recognition: Both the LP/HT Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams were recognized for their great seasons.
Mr. Schmidt Report: See Attachment A for full Principal’s report.
Activities Director Report:
• 3 members will be inducted into the Bulldog HOF at next month’s Bulldog Bash: Brianna Radtke, Mary Kelly, Ted Kruschke.
• For the 2013-2014 & 2014-2015 school year, LP/HT has been bumped up to 2A for basketball only. MSHSL petition requesting to be placed back into 1A was discussed.
Mr. McNulty Report:
• Recognized & presented Joe Miller with a plaque thanking him for his school board service.
• Mike attended the MASA conference 3/14/2013 3/15/2013.
• Senior Class Trip to New Orleans is set. Dates 4/15/13 4/19/2013. 20 students have paid in full. $620 out of pocket expense per student. 5:30 am departure. Return at 12 am.
• Roof project tentatively set to begin April 1st pending weather.
Facilities Report: No report available. Marsden contract is expiring. Will discuss at future board meeting.
Motion made by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve the non-resident agreements 1 student for 2013-2014. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
District student count as of 3/13/2013 is 413.
School Board Reports
Special Ed: Heigl stated Autism Specialist will be required in 2014.
Tech/Media: Committee meeting was held prior to the 3/18/2013 meeting. Wi-Fi access will be coming to Lester Prairie Schools in fall of 2013.
Policy: Bus accident policy & crisis plan changes were discussed.
Motion was made by Carlson and seconded by Kyllo to approve the following extracurricular contracts:
• Spring Play Advisor Roger Pieper
• Spring Play Advisor Jennifer Smith
• 9th Grade Softball Coach Bill Neubarth
Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion was made by Carlson and seconded by Heigl to approve the SWWC 2013-2014 contracts with LP Schools. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion was made by Radtke and seconded by Klitzke to approve an April Softball Fundraiser. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion was made by Machemehl and seconded by Radtke to approve Summit Fire Consulting Services for Fire Protection Engineering Consulting Services. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Agenda Items for the April 15th Regular Board Meeting Policy reading for bus/crisis policy.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:14 p.m.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal April 22, 2013.