Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, June 17th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Monday, June 17th, 2013, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Rawelin Radtke, MerriLea Kyllo, Gregg Machemehl, Bob Carlson and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty & Jeremy Schmidt. Ivan Raconteur was also there from the Herald Journal Newspaper.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Machemehl, seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting on 5/20/2013. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $138,467.38 & student activity fees of $1,465.73. Bills were reviewed by Chairman Carlson & Treasurer Radtke.
Mr. Schmidt Report: See attachment for full Principal’s report.
• Staffing Budgeting for 2013-2014 discussed.
• Summer School Update
• Curriculum Mapping
Activities Director Johnson Report:
• MSHSL confirmed that LPHT will be staying in Section 1A for basketball for the 2013-2014 season.
• Anticipated 2013-2014 school year coaching positions were discussed (estimates of how many coaches needed for respective sports).
Mr. McNulty Report:
• Teacher Evaluation Team Handout discussed; update on pilot program. Additional Administration hours discussed per requirements.
• Roofing Update
• Lunch price waiver; no price change for 2013-2014.
School Board Reports
Tech/Media: Additional hours discussed for Kim DeBruyckere due to technology infrastructure additions/enhancements.
Action to approve non-resident agreements 0.
District student count as of 6/12/2013 is 413
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve new Bus Accident Safety Policy & Protocol 709.1. Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Motion was made by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to approve the following contracts:
• Erin Hoppe (Summer School Teacher)
• Julie Olson (Summer School Teacher)
• Jan Smith (Summer School Teacher)
• Jill Fiecke (Summer School Para)
• Karen Nali (Summer School Teacher)
• Kim DeBruyckere (Summer Technology Hours)
Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Klitzke to congratulate & approve the retirement & resignation of Kitchen Staff employee Leana Gueningsman. Leana worked for LP Schools for 41 years. Thank you for your hard work!
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve accepting bids for the following items for the 2013-2014 school year:
Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Radtke to approve the June 30th, 2012 check run. Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Motion by Radtke, seconded by Kyllo to approve the 2013-2014 preliminary budget. Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve the Resolution for Adoption by the Lester Prairie Board of Education authorizing the issuance of the District’s Aid Anticipation Certificate and the execution of the necessary documents. Roll Call Vote: Radtke Yes, Machemehl Yes, Carlson Yes, Klitzke Yes, Kyllo Yes. (5 for, 0 against).
Agenda Items for the next regular Board meeting on July 15th, 2013:
• Budget Committee Meeting prior to regular meeting (5 p.m.).
• Policy Committee @ 5:30 p.m.
• Superintendent and Principal evaluation meeting (closed and work session to follow the regular board meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:14 pm.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Aug. 5, 2013