Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF
THE SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, July 15th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Monday, July 15th, 2013, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Rawelin Radtke, MerriLea Kyllo, Gregg Machemehl, Karla Heigl, Bob Carlson and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty & Jeremy Schmidt. Ivan Raconteur was there from the Herald Journal Newspaper. Dave Uecker and Larry Oelke were there on behalf of Marsden.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Radtke, seconded by Machemehl to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting on 6/17/2013. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $39,251.64 for June 30th check run & $600,744.21 for the July 15th check run. Student activity fees of $10 were also included. Voting was 6 for, 0 against. Bills were reviewed by Gregg Machemehl & Treasurer Radtke.
Mr. Schmidt Report: See attachment for full Principal’s report.
• Elementary Summer School in session 7/15/2013 8/8/2013
• EL Position Update
• State Assessment letter from Commissioner Casellius
• 2013 LP Senior Exit Survey Results
Activities Director Johnson Report:
• No report at this time.
• Various vacant coaching positions discussed for 2013-2014 school year.
Mr. McNulty Report:
• Discussed Sick Leave Benefits (affects all public employees)
• Update on Sprinkler System installation
• ‘World’s Best Workforce” discussed.
• Operating Revenue discussed.
School Board Reports
Athletics Committee: Discussed AD position.
District student count as of 7/11/2013 is 413
Motion was made by Radtke, seconded by Heigl to approve the following contracts:
•Tanya Stoltzfus (EL Instructor)
• Blaine Walstrom (AD/Focus/Community Ed)
• Joe Scoblic (Head Football Coach)
• Adam Birkholz (Assistant Football Coach)
• Kelly Elling (Jr High Volleyball Coach)
• Jill Fiecke (Football Cheerleading)
• Dean Neumann (Head Boys Basketball Coach)
• Ryan James (7th Grade Baseball Coach)
• Kelly Elling (JV Softball Coach)
• Mike Bjork (Trapshooting Coach)
• Rob Weber (Head Track Coach)
• Marv Ebensperger (9th Grade Boys Basketball Coach)
• Mike Lee (Head Girls Varsity Basketball Coach)
• Dave Marquardt (7th Grade Boys Basketball Coach)
• Mike Kegler (8th Grade Boys Basketball Coach)
• Joe Kley (Jr. High Football Coach)
Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• In a separate vote, the contract for Assistant Varsity Boys Basketball Coach was voted on. Ben Machemehl was approved by a vote of 5 for, 0 against (Board Member Machemehl abstained from the vote).
A motion was made by Machemehl, seconded by Kyllo to approve the resignation of Thayne Johnson as Social Studies teacher and Activities Director. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Heigl to approve the 2013-2014 lunch prices (same as 2012-2013). Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Machemehl, seconded by Klitzke to approve Waste Management for garbage/trash removal. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to approve Pan O’ Gold as bread vendor. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Klitzke, seconded by Machemehl to approve Kemp’s as milk vendor. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Machemehl, seconded by Radtke to approve the proposed 2013- 2016 Marsden contract. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to approve the 2013 Pay 2014 Capital Expenditure Health & Safety Budget Summary. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Radtke to approve the Resolution for MDE Request for Transfer Staff Development finance.
Roll Call Vote:
- Heigl Yes
- Kyllo Yes
- Klitzke Yes
Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Agenda Items for the next regular Board meeting on August 19th, 2013:
• Kids Depot Program. Averaged 2 students the past 2 school years.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:36 pm.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Sept. 2, 2013.