Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF THE
SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, November 18th, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Monday, November 18th, 2013, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Rawelin Radtke, MerriLea Kyllo, Bob Carlson, Gregg Machemehl, Karla Heigl and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty & Jeremy Schmidt. Ivan Raconteur was there from the Herald Journal Newspaper.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Machemehl, seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting on 10/21/2013 & special meeting minutes on 11/4/2013 & 11/12/2013. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $166,935.78 & student activity fees of $7,910.20 were also included. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Mr. Schmidt Report: See attachment for full Principal’s report.
District student count as of 11/13/2013 for K-12 is 421.
• Update on donations/banners for business. Businesses included: First Community Bank, RAM Buildings, 4.0 School Services, AWI, ESG, Casey’s General Stores, Jilek Insurance Agency Inc., Foundation In Memory of Doug Jilek
• Motion was made by Radtke, seconded by Machemehl to approve the following contracts:
Nelia Olson C-Squad Basketball Coach
Jeannie Bodine Cook’s Helper III
Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Heigl to approve the resignation of Tasha Schiedl as para professional. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Revised budget will be presented at the December regular meeting.
• Discussion of Open Enrollment for grades 8-12 according to MN. Statute 124D.02 Subd. 2 took place. No action taken by board.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Radtke to approve the snow plowing contract from Litzau Excavating for the 2013-2014 winter season. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:15 p.m.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Dec. 16, 2013.