Winsted City Council Minutes
March 21, 2006
Present: Mayor Don Guggemos, Council Member Tom Wiemiller, Council Member Tom Ollig, Council Member Bonnie Quast, Council Member Gerald Boldt
Staff Present: Brent Mareck, City Administrator; Deb Boelter, City Clerk-Treasurer; Fran Eggert, City Attorney
1) Mayor Guggemos called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Ollig motioned to adopt the Consent Agenda as presented. Quast seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
a) Accepted the minutes of the Special City Council Meeting of March 10, 2006.
b) Scheduled a Joint City Council Meeting with the Winsted Municipal Airport Commission for Thursday, April 13th, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. to be held at the Airport Administration building.
c) Adopted Resolution R-06-08 accepting the offer of the Minnesota Public Facilities Authority to purchase a $611,322 general obligation water revenue note of 2006, providing for its issuance and authorizing execution of a bond purchase and project loan agreement.
d) Approved the Claims List for March 21, 2006 as presented.
3) Open Forum
4) No Public Hearings.
5) No Old Business.
6) New Business
a) Industrial Revenue Bonds David Drown David Drown Associates
David Drown, David Drown Associates, gave a presentation on the development and implementation of Industrial Revenue Bonds.
b) Inducement Resolution AAA Galvanizing
Drown presented the proposed Inducement Resolution authorizing AAA Galvanizing, Inc. to submit an application for allocation of federal bonding authority.
Ollig motioned to adopt Resolution R-06-09 supporting the use of Industrial Revenue Bonds for AAA Galvanizing; authorizing the submission of an application for allocation of federal bonding authority and for preparing the necessary documents. Boldt seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
c) JOBZ Transfer AAA Galvanizing, Inc.
Mareck presented Resolution R-06-10 authorizing the transfer of a portion of the JOBZ acreage designation to part of proposed Parcel Identification (PID) #21.010.1500.
Quast motioned to adopt Resolution R-06-10 supporting the transfer of 1.6 acres from Parcel Identification (PID) #21.064.0010 to PID #21.010.1500 for the AAA Galvanizing, Inc. project. Ollig seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
d) Amendment to the Preliminary Plat Winsted Ponds
Mareck presented Aho Construction Northwest ‘s preliminary plat amendment and final plat.
Rich Romness, Surveying and Engineering Professionals, detailed the amendments to the preliminary plat.
Boldt motioned to approve the Preliminary Plat amendment to Winsted Ponds with the Planning Commission’s conditions:
1. Fully executed developer’s agreement.
2. Payment of any and all legal and engineering fees directly associated with the preliminary plat development.
3. Satisfy all recommendations of the City Engineer.
4. Satisfy all conditions of the original preliminary plat approval.
Wiemiller seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
e) Winsted Ponds Final Plat
Ollig motioned to approve the Final Plat for Phase I of Winsted Ponds. Quast seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
7) Department Reports
a) City Administrator
Mareck reported on the following:
• An e-mail the City received from Harris Baker, Minnesota Department of Transportation (MN DOT)/Office of Aeronautics regarding the City’s interest in paving the Winsted Municipal Airport’s runway.
• Will be asking for approval to advertise for an intern at the April 4, 2006 Regular City Council meeting.
• The Planning Commission will be looking at a concept plan from Clay and Sam Montgomery to develop an Industrial Park.
• At the April 4, 2006 Regular City Council meeting, will be presenting a purchase agreement with Di-Max to purchase a lot in the Industrial Park.
8) Financial Report
Boelter presented the February, 2006 Financial Report.
Wiemiller motioned to adjourn. Quast seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
Deborah R. Boelter
Published in the Herald Journal April 17, 2006.