WRIGHT COUNTY BOARD MINUTES
MAY 23, 2017
The Wright County Board met in regular session at 9:00 A.M. with Husom, Vetsch, Potter, Daleiden and Borrell present.
5-16-17 COUNTY BOARD MINUTES
The following corrections were made to the Minutes: Page 4, 3rd paragraph, change to “John A. Dalsin” in all instances (Potter); Page 6, Advisory Committee/Advisory Board Updates, #4, 5th line, should read, “The consensus at the Crime Lab Meeting is that this scientist would be funded by all counties through a 60% population/40% usage formula” (Husom). On a motion by Potter, second by Husom, all voted to approve the Minutes as amended.
Petitions were accepted to the Agenda as follows: Items For Consid. B, “Authorize letter to Senator Franken, Senator Klobuchar, Representative Emmer, Representative Peterson, Representative Lewis, Representative Nolan, Representative Paulsen and Representative McCollum acknowledging their letter to Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao urging her to advance the critical improvements along the I-94 West Corridor” (Potter). On a motion by Potter, second by Vetsch, all voted to approve the Agenda as amended.
Vetsch requested that Consent Item L, “Sheriff’s Office, Position Replacement: Lieutenant” be pulled for discussion.
Vetsch moved to approve the remainder of the Consent Agenda, seconded by Daleiden. The motion carried 5-0:
1. Authorize County Board Attendance At Master Space Study Kickoff Meeting, 5-24-17, 2:30-4:30 PM
1. Approve Charitable Gambling Application Form LG220, Arthritis Foundation Upper Midwest Region, Stockholm Karting Center, 13185 US Hwy. 12 SW, Cokato MN 55321 (Stockholm Twp.)
1. Claim - Madden, Galanter & Hansen, LLP - April 2017 Services $8,253.76
1. Authorize Signatures On Contract With BKV - Master Facility Study
1. Request To Petition HHS Requests For Reclassification To The 5-24-17 Personnel Committee Agenda:
1. Vacant Administrative Assistant I
2. Director Of Public Health
1. Refer Draft AIS Regional Inspection Ordinance Amendment To Ways and Means Committee
1. Approve Claims As Listed In The Abstract, Subject To Audit, For A Total Of $367,281.03 With 173 Vendors And 397 Transactions
1. Approve Procurement Card Transactions For The Period Ending April 30, 2017 For A Total Of $38,917.38
2. Approve Fleet Card Transactions For The Period Ending April 30, 2017 For A Total Of $16,464.28
I. SHERIFF’S OFFICE - JAIL DIVISION
1. Authorize Signatures On MN DOC Work Release Contract
J. SHERIFF’S OFFICE - JAIL DIVISION
1. Position Replacement:
A. Authorize Back Fill Of Jail Lieutenant & Any Other Subsequent Vacancies Due To Promotion Process
K. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
1. Position Replacement:
Discussion followed on Consent Item L, “Sheriff’s Office, Position Replacement: Lieutenant.” Vetsch requested a Committee Of The Whole Meeting to discuss backfill of the position. With the recent reorganization, he thought it was a good opportunity to discuss the management staff in the Sheriff’s Office. Command staff positions do not become vacant often and it is an opportune time for review with a retirement. He asked that the Sheriff provide information on management including the duties/responsibilities that fall within those positions. Potter said it would be good for the entire Board to have a clear understanding of staffing in the Sheriff’s Office. Daleiden made a motion to have the Coordinator contact the Sheriff to determine his availability for a Committee Of The Whole Meeting. The motion was seconded by Potter and carried 5-0.
TIMED AGENDA ITEMS
BOB HIIVALA, AUDITOR/TREASURER
Schedule Committee Of The Whole Meeting To Discuss The Ditch Coordinator Position And What Department It Should Fall Under
Husom moved to schedule a Committee Of The Whole Meeting on 6-13-17 at 11:05 AM. The motion was seconded by Vetsch and carried 5-0. It was noted that the Board of Equalization is scheduled for 11:00 that day but may be cancelled if not needed.
BRIAN ASLESON, CHIEF DEPUTY ATTORNEY
Approve Of Retaining Paul G. Bakken And Dwight W. Dahlen To Perform Appraisals For Purposes Of Tax Court
Asleson stated both relate to property tax appeals. The Dahlen appraisal would include five appraisals, one a free standing restaurant and four Coburn anchored neighborhood strip retail properties. The Bakken appraisal includes the Ridgeview Medical Center in Delano. Daleiden moved to approve the hire of Bakken and Dahlen to perform appraisals for tax court purposes. The motion was seconded by Potter and carried 5-0.
GREG PICKARD, VETERAN SERVICE OFFICER
Approve Out-Of-State Travel For County VSO For CVSO Training
Pickard explained this is the final National CVSO Training which will be held in San Diego, California. Costs will be covered by 2017 grant funding. Daleiden moved to approve the out-of-state travel for Pickard, seconded by Husom. The motion carried 5-0.
ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
AUTHORIZE LETTER TO SENATOR FRANKEN, SENATOR KLOBUCHAR, REPRESENTATIVE EMMER, REPRESENTATIVE PETERSON, REPRESENTATIVE LEWIS, REPRESENTATIVE NOLAN, REPRESENTATIVE PAULSEN AND REPRESENTATIVE MCCOLLUM ACKNOWLEDGING THEIR LETTER TO SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION ELAINE CHAO URGING HER TO ADVANCE THE CRITICAL IMPROVEMENTS ALONG THE I-94 WEST CORRIDOR (POTTER)
Husom moved to approve sending the letter to be signed by all five Commissioners, seconded by Vetsch. Potter extended appreciation to Andy Burmeister, the lobbyist in Washington D.C., who has worked hard on the Coalition’s behalf to move this forward. Potter also acknowledged efforts of the I-94 staff members. The motion carried 5-0.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE / ADVISORY BOARD UPDATES
1. Clearwater River Watershed District. Vetsch attended a meeting. Current projects were reviewed. The group is looking at using drones for aerial review of wetlands. Vetsch will present information to Planning & Zoning from the group on possible changes with lots.
2. GRRL. Potter attended a meeting on 5-16-17. The budget basically has no increase. However, Wright County will see an increase because of the increase in tax capacity. Wright County now surpasses Stearns County in tax capacity. The funding formula for the GRRL is based on population, tax capacity, and users. The GRRL has realized some savings through retirements, positions not filled, and other efficiencies. There are three libraries that have not signed the service agreement. The challenge is for one consistent document throughout all libraries.
CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS PENDING LITIGATION. WRIGHT COUNTY DRAINAGE AUTHORITY FOR COUNTY DITCH 38 VS. A. GRAHAM SONES & ELLEN B. SONES. CT. FILE NO.: 86-CV-17-2222
On a motion by Vetsch, second by Husom, all voted to authorize the Board to meet in Closed Session as outlined.
Anoka County Corrections $21,805.00
Anoka County Sheriff 32,604.44
APEC Industrial Sales & Services 1,519.54
Aramark Services Inc 15,693.06
Bankers Advertising Co Inc 278.04
Buffalo Hospital 980.07
Burdas Towing 182.00
CDW Government Inc 15,864.19
Center Point Energy 1,696.03
Centra Sota Coop - Buffalo 20,228.15
Central McGowan Inc 140.15
CenturyLink (Hwy use) 184.08
Consulting Radiologists LTD MN 142.43
Cottens Buffalo 148.04
Databank IMX LLC 2,275.00
Dell Marketing LP 981.28
Expert Automotive & Towing Inc 310.00
First Choice - St Cloud 675.02
Hancock Concrete Products LLC 3,114.36
Hennepin County Sheriff 160.00
Hillyard Inc - Minneapolis 730.63
Jerrys Towing & Repair 157.00
Johnson Jet-Line 3,000.00
Keeper of the Stationery 105.00
Kjellberg’s Carpet One 423.60
Larson/Jillian M 129.00
Maney International Inc 3,393.53
McKesson Medical-Surgical 261.19
McNamara Inc/B 41,544.00
Midwest Protection Agency Inc 747.15
Minnesota Monitoring Inc 2,603.00
Minnesota State Auditor 2,004.00
MN County Engineers Association 100.00
MN Elevator Inc 2,484.00
Monticello Towing LLC 150.00
Moore & Moore Advantage 300.00
Motorola Solutions Inc 8,491.75
MSC Industrial Supply Co 367.68
Nelson Auto Center 146,611.70
Neopost USA Inc 100.00
Office Depot 1,848.78
Office of MN IT Services 2,100.00
Office of the Secretary of State 120.00
Performance Kennels Inc 103.20
PRINSCO Inc 3,438.43
R.A.M. Tools 117.90
RCM Specialties Inc 602.25
Royal Tire Inc 498.23
Russell Security Resource Inc 1,133.73
Scuba Center 140.00
Select Account 1,954.20
Sherburne Co. Health & Human Ser 245.00
Stockholm Township 385.80
Thomson Reuters West Publishing 390.06
Thrifty White Pharmacy 2,622.58
Titan Energy Systems 963.60
Uniforms Unlimited 796.46
United Parcel Service 103.20
Voss Lighting 659.20
Wright County Planning & Zoning 398.46
Wright Hennepin Coop Elec Assn 1,914.02
Wright Hennepin Electric 3,448.61
Xcel Energy 826.08
16 Payments less than $100 733.26
Final total: $367,281.03
The meeting adjourned at 9:238 a.m.
Warrants approved for payment 5/16/2017
US Bank-Procurement Cards $38,917.38
US Bank Voyager Fleet Systems $16,464.28
Published in the Herald Journal June 23, 2017.