var sid = 454; var aid = 3;
Serving the tri-county area of McLeod, Wright, and western Carver
Top 10 scenic drives in the US
Some of the most beautiful scenery in the world can be viewed driving around North America.
Test drivers from American Suzuki, who drive thousands of miles a year on a variety of roads in the U.S., have listed the following scenic drive tours that motorists can enjoy at their own pace.
1. The list begins with the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Tennessee. This scenic highway offers over 450 miles of numerous varieties of trees, lush valleys and wildlife.
2. Whether you're traveling along Route 7, or taking the many back roads and byways, Vermont is likely to please with its spectacular display of color and nature.
3. Take Route 169, the Norwich-Woodstock Turnpike in Connecticut to pass through many small historic towns of the state and view buildings, homes and churches from the mid-1800s.
4. Lancaster County, Penn., via US-30, provides visitors with a glimpse of the intriguing Amish, Mennonite and Brethren cultures. Visitors get a taste not only of gorgeous countryside, but of a different way of life.
5. The Florida Keys Scenic Highway, US 1, is great for those looking to enjoy warm temperatures and spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
6. The Midwest's best travel routes include the Historic National Road in Illinois along US 40. This road is known as the "Main Street of America" because of its many historic towns and buildings.
7. The Bear Lake-Caribou Scenic Byway stretches across the borders of Utah and Idaho and offers visitors the chance to enjoy camping, fishing, boating and amazing scenery.
8. The western United States also provides fantastic roads for travelers. Begin in Northern California and continue north through the coast of Oregon up to the Olympic Peninsula of Washington, Highway 101.
9. Highway 1, through Southern California, appeals to anyone who enjoys warm sunny beaches. Starting in San Diego and going all the way along the coast to San Francisco, this drive gives travelers a taste of some of the best sites the state has to offer.
10. The Historic Columbia River Highway in Oregon, referred to by some as the "King of the Roads," provides many trails for bikers and hikers and is a favorite among outdoor enthusiasts.
This list is just a sample of the best places to visit in the country, offered by the experts at American Suzuki, which has an entire line of vehicles including the new Verona sedan, that make the drive a great part of the adventure.
A scenic drive can be a great way for your family to get together by getting away from it all.
Download a PDF
version of the printed
Back to Automotive Guide Main Page