Obituaries: Obituary Archives Funeral Notices: KRWC | KDUZ

Larry D. Anderson, 69

Larry Dean Anderson, age 69, of Kingston, died Sunday, March 1, 2009, at his home.

He was born Sept. 11, 1939, in Kingston Township, to William and Elizabeth (Salmela) Anderson.

Larry grew up on a farm east of Kingston. He loved to farm, fish, hunt, and visit with friends and relatives, but his real love was playing guitar and singing country music.

Larry and his wife, Junice, played in two country bands, The Cattle Caller with Bob and Pearl Risner, and The Country Four with Jr. and Annette Knutson for 13 years. Larry and Junice also played music for various churches and community events.

Larry was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church in Kingston. He was also a charter member of the Kingston Lions Club.

He worked as a cement finisher in Minneapolis for many years, and also did various cement jobs around the area where he lived. He owned and operated J&L Concrete for many years.

Larry loved his family very much, including his dog, Buddy.He loved his grandchildren, and wanted to see them grow up.

He is survived by his wife, Junice Anderson of Kingston; children, Cory (Curt) Widmark of South Haven, Dennis (Cheri) Anderson of Kimball, Todd (Michelle) Anderson (and special friend, Belinda Jackson) of Lebanon, MO, and Allen (Jody) Anderson of Kingston; eight grandchildren, Stephanie and Shawn Anderson, Andy and Kara Widmark, Tyler and Ashley Anderson, Elise Anderson and Christopher Carlson; siblings Rodney (Shirley) Anderson of Nevis, Irene (Ernie) Walker of Palm Desert, CA, and Marian Parker of Minnesota.

Larry was preceded in death by his grandson, Joey Anderson; parents William and Elizabeth Anderson; brothers Roland and Elroy Anderson; and mother and father-in-law, Lawrence and June Horwath.

A memorial service took place Friday, March 6 at 11 a.m. at the Redeemer Lutheran Church in Kingston with the Rev. Mike Nelson and Pastor Bridget Haefner officiating. The interment of the urn will take place at a later date.

The Johnson Funeral Home in Dassel handled the memorial arrangements.